Skip to main content

Fatboy Slim Shocks the World with Admission of Lost Passion for Making Music

In a surprising revelation, legendary DJ and producer Fatboy Slim (real name Norman Cook) admitted that he has lost the passion for creating new music. While he shows no signs of retiring from live performances, producing fresh tracks is no longer a top priority for the electronic music icon.


It has been nearly 15 years since Fatboy Slim released a full-length album. His last notable project was “Here Lies Love,” a 2010 concept album created in collaboration with David Byrne of Talking Heads, which later became a Broadway musical in 2023.


As for solo projects, his last album, “Palookaville,” came out in October 2004, over 20 years ago. While he has released a few tracks sporadically since then, his output hasn’t matched the prolific pace of his career peak in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Now, it seems the legendary artist has been grappling with a lack of inspiration for making music.

“You can’t make music unless you’re absolutely passionate about it and driven by it from the moment you wake up,” Fatboy Slim explained in an interview with The Sun. “It seems I don’t feel that way anymore. I still feel that passion for DJing and performing, but I’ve somewhat lost it for creating music.”

The 60-year-old artist revealed that he spent five years pressuring himself to rekindle his passion for producing. “I kept telling myself, ‘You should be doing this,’ but then I realized that people love my DJing, and I enjoy that more, so that’s what I’ll focus on. I hope the passion for making music comes back someday.”

While it’s unclear when exactly Cook gave the interview, recent personal events may have contributed to his current mindset. He tragically lost his mother on Christmas Day, an emotional blow that could have further influenced his creative outlook.

Fatboy Slim emphasized that he’s not ruling out creating music entirely. “My last two singles came straight out of live performances,” he shared. “Both were tracks I made just to dance to on the side—melodies in my set that no one else had.”


A Global Presence on the Dancefloor

Though his studio work has slowed down, Fatboy Slim continues to captivate audiences worldwide. His upcoming performances span locations like Indonesia, Texas, Mexico, and Italy, giving him ample opportunities to surprise fans with fresh material.

For now, it seems Fatboy Slim is content with focusing on his dynamic live sets, keeping his legacy alive on dancefloors across the globe.

[source]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q&A with teknonket

We had the amazing chance to do an exclusive interview with teknonket , the creative genius behind some of the super funniest and smartest memes in Kosovo’s clubbing scene. Teknonket has become a big name for ravers , combining humor with important messages about staying safe and enjoying nightlife . In this special interview, we asked them about journey, favorite moments, and dreams for the future of electronic music in Kosovo.  Let’s peek into the world of teknonket and learn more about the person behind the iconic memes!💿🎶✨ 1. Hi Teknonket! You’re like the superhero of Kosovo’s clubbing scene. What inspired you to start this amazing account for ravers? teknonket: Hello Ksclubbing, thanks for having me. Well, in my teens, I was really into memes, starting with websites like DamnLOL, 9gag, and 4chan. Not only did I enjoy the memes, but I also made a lot of them and shared them with my friends on chats or my Facebook account. Later, when I started raving , I found a page ...

Q&A with NIJØ

Welcome to our Q&A series, where we talk to talented DJs from our Kosovo Clubbing podcast! 🚀 This time, we had a chat with NIJØ, a young and passionate DJ from Tirana, who started his journey into electronic music at just 11 years old! 🤯🎶 From scratching on his phone as a kid to playing Melodic Techno & Indie Dance, NIJØ shares his love for groovy beats, acid basslines, and the growing scene in Tirana. 🕺🔥  What inspires him?  What gear does he love?  What are his future plans? 🤔  Find out in this exclusive Q&A with NIJØ! ⬇️  While you are reading, play the set he did for our podcast HERE :  How did you first get into electronic music? Was there a song or artist that inspired you the most? NIJØ: I started listening to electronic music at a young age because of my dad, who had old tapes of many legends like Carl Cox, Hernan Cataneo, Adam Beyer, and more. A very big inspiration for me was the track La La Land by Green Velvet. You started DJin...

Filterheadz Infinite EP on Mavic Music

Belgium duo The Filterheadz realised debut on Mavic Music with two powerhouse tracks extensively road-tested and guaranteed for the dance floor. The lead track " Infinite " starts with a powerful rolling baseline, kick and sneaky distorted stabs and a timeless vocal before breaking down into a sensuous pad that sits underneath hoover'esqe like leads, screaming rides and effects that carry the music to the finish line. " Locomotive " on the flip side starts off with drips of acid and stabs creating maximum intensity from the first few bars. The track infectiously weaves in and out between masterfully tuned effects and complex percussive grooves resulting in any acid lovers dream track.